PhD candidate at the Department of Information Systems and Data Analytics at the National University of Singapore (NUS) since Jan 2017. Expected graduation: First half of 2022.
M.Sc. degree in Information Systems Engineering from the University of Manchester, UK.
Date of Graduation: September 2008
B.Eng. in Computer Engineering from the Islamic University – Gaza, Palestine.
Date of Graduation: June 2004
My M.Sc. dissertation was about Web-based Support for Teaching Delivery.
My Bachelor degree final year project was about E-payment techniques and security in Ecommerce.
Awards & Scholarships
- A full scholarship from Hani Qaddumi Scholarship Foundation (HQSF). This scholarship covered my M.Sc. study in the UK (2007-2008).
- Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA). This scholarship is covered my PhD study at the National University of Singapore (NUS) (2017-2021).
- Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education (APSCE) Merit Scholarship 2018.
- Certificate in computer maintenance.
- Certificates in Oracle Database (SQL/PL SQL, Forms and Reports).
- Certificate in VC++ 6 from IEEE.
- Certificate of a customized course based on MCSD .NET (Microsoft Certified Solution Developer) from the National Institute of Information Technology in Gaza. This course included C# programming, ASP.Net, XML, ADO, SQL Server, web development and mobile programming topics.
- Certificate in Computer Networks. This customized course included topics in CCNA, wireless networks, Linux and Windows Server.
- I am very good at Java and C programming.
- Certificate in Filmmaking, specializing in making documentary films.
- I have a long interest in data analytics, macroeconomics, behavioral economics, econometrics and entrepreneurship. I also have taught courses related to intellectual property and professional ethics in different universities.
- The Palestinian Commission for Refugees Rights Protection: 7 months of voluntary work in web development and mastering.
- The Center of Sheikh Hamad for Training Palestinian Refugees: 7 months of voluntary work as the manager of the training unit in the center.
- The Ministry of Higher Education in Palestine as IT instructor (Aug 2005 - Sep 2007).
- The Ministry of Higher Education in Palestine as a computer engineer (Apr 2009 - Dec 2011), and as a Computer Dept. manager (Jan 2012 – Nov 2016).
- The National University of Singapore (NUS) as a research assistant at the School of Computing – Department of Information Systems and Analytics (since Feb 2021).
- Several British NGOs and charities: different short voluntary jobs (Sep 2007 – Mar 2009).
- University of Palestine as IT/engineering lecturer (Feb 2010 – Feb 2012). I taught the following courses: Internet insurance and information hiding, advanced multimedia and concurrent and real time programming.
- Al-Aqsa Community College as IT lecturer (Sep 2011 - Jun 2016). I taught the following courses: computer networks, introduction to computer science, computer and professional ethics, MS Office applications and typing skills.
- The National University of Singapore (NUS) as a teaching assistant (Jan 2018 – Jun 2020). I taught multiple courses in the fields of programming, data visualization and professional ethics and intellectual property, and assisted lecturers teaching some business and entrepreneurship courses.
- ZAQOOT, W., et al. (2021). The Use of Rasch Model to Create Adaptive Practices in e-Learning Systems. In Proceedings of the Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS2021), Sydney, Australia.
- ZAQOOT, W., & OH, L. B. (2020). Can Nudges Solve the Problem of High Dropout Rates in Professional MOOCs?. In Proceedings of the Twenty-Third Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS2020), Dubai, UAE.
- ZAQOOT, W., et al. (2020). SnapLearning: A Design Framework for a Micro-Learning System to Enhance Adult Learning. In Proceedings of the Twenty-Third Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS2020), Dubai, UAE.
- ZAQOOT, W., et al. (2019). Development and Validation of a Representational Fluency Test for Primary School Students. In Proceedings of the IEEE Tenth International Conference on Technology for Education (T4E 2019), Goa, India.
- ZAQOOT, W., et al. (2019). Representational Fluency in Education: A Literature Review and the Proposal of a New Instrument. In Proceedings of IEEE TALE 2019, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- ZAQOOT, W., & OH, L. B. (2018). Teaching Design Thinking Using Online Whiteboarding in a Graduate-level Digital Innovation Course. In Proceedings of the 26th International Conference on Computers in Education, ICCE 2018. Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education, Manila, Philippines.
- ZAQOOT, W. (2013). A proposed plan to organize the activities of, and to structure, the R&D institutes in Palestine. In Proceedings of Scientific Research Priorities in Palestine: Towards a national map for scientific research, Gaza, Palestine.
- ZAQOOT, W. (2012). Uses for Wiki technology in education. In Proceedings of International Educational Conference: Education Locality and Universality in the 21st Century, Gaza, Palestine.
- Arabic (first language).
- Very good at English.